” Allah does not lay a responsibility on anyone beyond his capacity.” Quran (2:286)
I’ve become of Jill of Trades of some sort and alhamdullilah ala kulli haal. A few movie characters (fiction and non-fiction) come to mind and it makes me laugh because they vouch for my African roots. Have you seen Black and White with Kevin Costner or Concussions with Will Smith?
In Black and White, there is Mpho Koaho, who plays the role of the tutor Duvan to Kevin’s mixed granddaughter after his wife passing. In this movie, Mpho is versatile and has a license or credentials for anything you can think of. He carries resumes and papers around. Anytime you need anything, he will flash a typed up qualification to propose his services.
In Concussions (based on a real story), the real character that Will Smith plays is about the same. He was asked to come to court to give his professional insight on the risks of playing Football and he couldn’t help it. He just bragged about his talents during the court hearing here and there; little dropping off names of what he can do besides being a Doctor.
If you haven’t seen them, put these two movies on your To Watch List. There are must seen.
Changing gears now and now my turn to show off alhamdullilah *hehe*. I hope you don’t mind me selling myself to you *laughs*. I’m now a Muslim Bookseller and Publisher besides an endless list of things I already am. As an amatullah and habibullah, He has inspired and blessed me with more projects and I chose to accept these gifts masha’Allah. While I worried I couldn’t handle the load, I decided not to close the door when these blessings came knocking.
“What can one person do? Inspiration. Pass It On!” — Nelson Mandela
“It always seems impossible until it is done.” — Nelson Mandela
I started Fofky’s : an Online Book and Coffee/Tea Shop alhmdullilah and I pray it helps showcase outstanding Muslim Works here on out insha’Allah. The beautiful box I promised will be delayed for now because I’m a little ahead of this time *conceitedmuch* I know *winks* I can’t help it sometimes. Read how I deal about it —> https://goo.gl/NWcOUI.
The designers can’t seem to bring my exact vision to life and I know it’s possible so I’ll put a pin on that project until a much talented designer shares my vision and builds the product I need. The same thing happened with the Fofky’s website (www.fofkys.com). The intended designers hinted that I was crazy to put a book on a menu and discounted me. So I built the website myself and showed them wrong! #alghurabba.
I mean all there was to do was to replace food items with books. It was simple to me but out of this world to this well-known platform for restaurant designers…
To finally get to the point of this post, Djarabi Kitabs Publishing now offers subscriptions like boxes. Please follow this link for more details —> goo.gl/mqnbgG . These DKP BOXES also make great Eid gifts *wink* .
Full price list below:
- $10 KID DKP BOX (Get 1 Bookmark, 1 Sticker Pack, and a 33 Bead Tasbih)
- $10 DKP BOX (Get 1 Bookmark, 1 Key Chain, 1 Love note, and a 33 Bead Tasbih)
- $20 DKP BOX 1 (Get 1 Small Rainbow Quran and 1 Tasbih (33 beads)
- $20 DKP BOX 2 (Get 1 Tasbih (33 beads) and 1 Ramadan Journal)
- $20 DKP BOX 3 (Get 1 Dua book or Quran diary or Poem diary, 1 Key Chain, 1 Love Note, 1 Bookmark, and 1 Tasbih (33 Beads) )
- $35 Her DKP BOX (Get 1 Hijab pin, 1 Tasbih (33 Beads), 1 Small Rainbow Quran, and 1 Travel prayer mat)
- $35 His DKP BOX (Get 1 Keffiyeh or Kufi, 1 Tasbih (33 Beads), 1 Quran, 1 Travel Prayer Mat)
- $100 His Deluxe DKP BOX (Get 1 In2mate Nights Accessory, 1 Oudlux product, 1 Romantic Book, and 1 Luxurious Watch )
- $100 Her Deluxe DKP BOX (1 Oudlux product, 1 In2mate Lingerie, 1 Scented Zakiyyah Candle, 1 Islamic Moment Mug, and 1 Luxurious Watch)
My shops plan to be closed from mid-August to mid-September, so place your order now insha’Allah :).
I leave you with this quote:
Creativity is a combination of discipline and childlike spirit. —Robert Green
Jazakh’Allah khair for reading and houb salam,
Papatya aka H.bint.Youssef*