Alhamdullilah, I have been nominated for the 5th or 6th time now for this award. Masha’Allah subhanallah, I’m truly honored :). Jazak’Allah khair to Tamtam and Farsitea for nominating me. I also apologize for taking long in completing this. And I’ll kill two birds with one stone if you don’t mind hehe ;).
Drum roll please….This award gives credit to deserving women across the globe for their efforts to bring solidarity amongst women amongst other things.
The rules for taking part:
- 1.Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. ✓
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.✓
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.✓
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.✓
5. Nominate five blogs.✓
I nominate the sisters below with no particular attention to the order I listed them:
My questions to them now:
– What inspired you to blog?
– How do you choose your topics?
-Are you a morning person?
– Are you married or single?
– Any children if married? If single, how many you plan on having?
– What makes you happy?
– What kind of food do you eat?
– Do you love nature?
– What qualities do/did you look in a man?
Now my 10 x 2 questions combined……
From Tamtam blog:
1. On a day that you are sad, or not feeling your best what is the one thing that will definitely cheer you up? (Come on, I need ideas!)
Crying, dua, and sweet food. Not necessarily in that order lol!
2. How did you meet your closest friend?
Ah that’s a hard one. My closest friends are in different places of the world now. These days my closest friends I met on facebook. Weird but true (Through the advertising of my first novel) 😉 ….
3.What is the last photo you took on your phone / camera that is not of you or another human being?
Flowers. I love to snap the ‘tang’ every time I see a beautiful flower as I walk around, hehe. I can’t help it. I love flowers and it’s real weakness subhanallah.
4.Think of a book you read that was then made into a movie you watched. Now briefly tell me your thoughts. (If you don’t read / watch films, replace this question with; do you like cheese? I am clearly determined to find out your cheese preferences by the end of this post!)
Harry Potter! ‘Pott head’ over here 😉 Books are always better than movies as many things are cut out to fit the frame and time requirement.
5.Tell me your honest opinion on marriage. Go.
Marriage is not a picnic! I have a knack for good advice on love and relationships and don’t anybody ever mistake that I don’t have issues in my marriage. Truth is we all do! 🙂 And that’s the beauty of marriage.
6. Favourite breakfast food?
Cinnamon oatmeal with honey. It’s fast and filling. But I love big brunches with eggs and many other delights on weekends I concoct myself masha’Allah.
7.What is one irrational fear you have? (I don’t mean snakes and spiders coz those are rational fears! I mean like; fear of lettuce or something! P.s. I actually know someone who fears lettuce!)
That I’ll be pegged a pervert without people even knowing what I’m about. But that fear fuels my writing to be become AMAZING! It’s irrational because sex education is needed and very rational.
8. Favourite cartoon? Now or growing up.
Tough one…I loved a few…Les aventures de Kimboo and Kita, The adventures of Tintin, Picsou (the stringy and greedy duck), and Snowwhite. Girl gotta love fairy tales…lol!
9.Where are you off to for your next vacation? If no where, then where would you like to go soon?
Insha’Allah Istanbul and prolly west Africa in the next year or so insha’Allah.
10.If you could ask ANYONE (including someone who is no longer alive) a question- who would it be? What would you ask? (I might ask Ameila Earhart what happened…)
I would ask Muhammad sallallahu aleihi wasalam how it felt to be on the horse at it ascended the skies on the night of the miraj. I reserve these questions for the next life insha’Allah as I’m an avid listener of stories. I pray not to be of the ones that will grow inpatient and ask for judgement day to commence. I’ll wisely use that time to try to meet the ansars, the sahabas, the great scholars, etc. insha’Allah in that time period insha’Allah :). Surely that way, time will fly for me lol!
From Farsitea blog:
- What advise would you give to your 10 year-old self? You should have learned Spanish! I learned German and English on top of French. I had to choose between Deutsch and Espagnol…
- What hobby/talent/skill do you wish you had? Example: Language, gymnastics, knitting, etc. Gymnatics!
- What is more important to you: Truth or Honor? Truth.
- What is your favorite color and why? Blue. It gives me fond memories of my childhood.
- What is your least favorite food? Sprouts, ew….
- Do you have any guilty pleasures? Could be a cheesy movie, unhealthy foods, silly hobbies, etc. Trashy books
- What the most embarrassing thing that happened to you? If it’s too embarrassing to share, then name a time that you were embarrassed. I was once undoing a woman’s hair when I was younger and I didn’t know she spoke French. I nagged about how her hair was crasseux (filthy), greasy, and dirty the whole time and she didn’t say anything until at the end when she gave me a tip and spoke in French. I was so embarrassed. The whole salon tried to tell me she was from central Africa but I was so oblivious to their warning glares! I learned my lesson and wanted to dig a hole to hide myself in!
- Aside from the usual cat and dog, what animal would you like to have for a pet and why? A turtle because they’re green and cute hehe in my opinion.
- What causes are you most adamant about (if any)? Love, domestic violence, sex education, tolerance toward different people than us, the list is long girl lol
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world alive today, who would it be and why? Many beautiful and kind sisters I met online.
May He reward you with goodness for reading,
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love and sex education seem to be topics that most Muslims don’t seem to care about. So kudos to you for supporting those causes 😀 !
LikeLiked by 2 people
True! I also think it’s great you care about those causes. Many think “sex ed” is filthy or taboo, but it is a fact of life!
LikeLiked by 2 people
I tell you, it’s a struggle…*deep sigh*
For Tamtam’s #10, I said the same.
I also would love to learn gymnastics but I don’t know if it is possible to learn it well as an adult.
Very interesting list! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ha! Nice 🙂 Great minds think alike.