I was nominated me for the Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award by sister Saadia Haq who is at http://www.saadiahaq.wordpress.com . With delight, I accepted it because I was surprised in a good way that she thought of me and that people read my ‘ramblings’ ;). This award gives credit to deserving women across the globe for their efforts to bring solidarity amongst women amongst other things. So it’s my turn to nominate seven bloggers (Oops I did 10). If I didn’t nominate you, it doesn’t mean you’re less deserving. I just went with sisters that popped right from the top of my head :). I love you all sisters that blog! If you have been already nominated, you don’t need to redo it, lol! So here we go, the award goes to :
Below are the rules to follow :
The Rules which need to be followed:
- Provide the link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the reward logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know via comments. (in fact I have 8 nominees)
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
Now the questions I need to answer ;).
- Lets start with, do you drink coffee or tea and why?
I drink both but in moderation. Coffee smells good and is a delicacy for my sense of smell. However, it makes me bounce off the walls. For that reason, I drink it moderation. Tea makes me relax and keeps me awake while giving me energy.
- What’s your favorite color and why?
Blue is my favorite color because blue makes me a dreamy person. In other words, I’m a daydreamer ;).
- What ambitions you seek in this world?
Leave the world when I know I am in a good place spiritually. Become a better muslimah, wife, mother, and writer iA.
- What inspires you to blog?
My first novel “Between Sisters, SVP!” did. I wanted people to know that there was more to me than a book 🙂 .
- How do you select topics to blog upon?
The topics on my blog are subjects I live and come across daily so it’s REAL TALK! I can tell you for sure that I am not preaching to the choir.
- Do you think blogging as social media is constructive for engaging with people?
I do! I like blogging more than updating my status on facebook or checking my twitter page :)!
- Have you received solidarity and support for writing what you write?
Yes, I have from a small niche of sisters. And I take what I can get! ^_^
- When faced with opposition, what’s your reaction?
I take a few steps back and think of the way to handle it without coming off defensive or hurt. I normally reply with a fair opinion that let the opposition understand me and agree to come to a agree/disagree relationship respectfully.
- Any humanitarian campaigns which you support/or would love to support?
I grew up in a household where AIDS campaigns were something we rooted for daily. Today, I grew apart from it because of my hectic schedule but I would love to make time to re-support that cause. Another cause I would to support is Ebola iA.
- What’s your future calling?
I don’t know, Allahu alim ;). But I hope it involves Muslimah scholar and bestseller writter iA.
My questions now:
– What inspired you to blog?
-How do you choose your topics?
-Are you a morning person?
– Are you married or single?
– Any children if married? If single, how many you plan on having?
– What makes you happy?
– What kind of food do you eat?
– Do you love nature?
– What qualities do/did you look in a man?
May He rewards with goodness for reading,